- The bacon emoji is coming
- Here's a great practical and decorative beer scratch off chart so you can keep track of beers you've tried.
- Nobody wants to admit it, but we all have to know it's true. The moral of the story is, watch your beer instake if you're dieting.
Have you ever wondered what beer would taste like if you filtered it through a Brita first? It turns out, it (and everything else) tastes just like water.
Interesting beer links from around the web for the start of 2016:
- PicoBrew, the Keurig/Sodastream for home brewed beer has been getting some attention at CES.
- Researchers have tasted the 125 year old beer found at the bottom of Halifax Harbor. Turns out it tastes like beer.
- MightySquirrel hits the market with protein enhanced beer. Soon enough, we'll have bars replacing the smoothie counter at our gyms.
- And finally, here is an interesting, quick read about how your beer vessel impacts taste.
Having recently tried Small Town Brewery's Not Your Father's Root Beer, I understand the excitement. A delicious, nostalgic adult drink that tastes just like childhood. With the surging popularity and exponential growth in the hard soft drink segment, Anheuser-Busch even announced its own Best Damn Root Beer.
Now, Abita Brewery is getting in on the action with Bayou Bootlegger Hard Root Beer. The brilliance here is that Abita was already making non-alcoholic root beer in addition to their excellent beer. They're simply combining their expertise to put another adult root beer on the market. I'm very much looking forward to this one.Read More… his and hers bacon scented underwear. I was convinced they wouldn't be able to top bacon condoms, but it turns out I was wrong. They advise you not to wear these around animals or when spending time in the wilderness. When properly cared for, each pair will smell like bacon for up to one year! Read More… The New York Post, one beer lover is suing Foster's because it's no longer produced in Australia but it's still being promoted as "Australian for Beer". There are not many additional details available. Read More…
The most interesting bacon and beer stories of the week, according to me:
- The Atlantic's How to Stop Beer From Foaming: Hint, it involves science and magnets.
- Fast Company's Creative Beer: Again, science. The optimal BAC for creativity is .075%, so an ad agency made a beer and a bottle with a guide to help you get there.
- The Ho-Ho-Honut was invented: A Christmas dinner donut filled with sausage and onion gravy, dusted with turkey salt and a roasted potato crumb finished with smoked maple candied bacon and a cranberry glaze.
- Food and Wine's What It's Like to Drink Sriracha Beer: The summary, "Rogue Sriracha Hot Stout Beer, from its packaging on down, is an inspired and well-executed experiment."
I tried yoga once. It was the longest single hour workout I've ever done. On Monday nights at the Quest Brewing Co in Greenville, SC, they do things a bit differently with their Hatha & Hops class. I'm not sure if that hour would have seemed longer knowing I had to wait for that beer, or whether that hour would have flown by with the anticipation of a delicious reward for finishing the workout. No doubt I'd give yoga one more try should Hatha & Hops find its way to Los Angeles.WSOC-TV Article Read More…
What do you do when your grandson has so much bacon at breakfast that there isn't enough for everybody else? The logical solution is to blast him in the face with the hose and verbally abuse him for the whole day.
Courtesy of BuzzfeedRead More…