Crock Pot Hirino Psito SlowRoasted Pork
I tend to do all of my cooking for the week on Sundays. It varies from week to week depending on what sounds good - it might be a stew one week, a salad the next, and a roast the week after that. Most weeks I use chicken or turkey but I have been a bit bored with the usual so I decided to make pork. I didn't really have anything in mind when searching for the recipe, I just knew that I wanted to cook it in the crock pot. My favorite source for crock pot recipes is Crockpot365, so, with that in mind I went to the site and found this recipe. I have to admit that by the end of the week I was really sick of it. But the first few days, it was great.
- 3 lb pork butt
- 10 garlic cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp rosemary 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup beer
- salt & pepper
- Put the pork in the slow cooker and coat well with dry spices, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Place the garlic and the bay leaves on top.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over the meat.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours. The pork will be fork tender when it is done.